All in a Day’s Time

Good Morning you guys! I am so excited to share this story with you today!

So I am sure that if you are reading this, chances are you saw me share this via Facebook (shameless plug: if you haven’t yet hit that subscribe button here, please do so. That way you will never miss another blog post! And you don’t want to miss a blog post, right???). So you know how Facebook shows you memories of things you have done on that day? Well this morning’s memories had me all in my feelingInstagram post from 2012s, y’all. So let me tell you the story.

Five years ago I had just received an enormous promotion. A promotion that came with not only a new job title; but a new office and the whole nine yards. I was on cloud nine. I had never done the kind of job I had been promoted to and I was so excited to dive in. I spent the day getting ready for the annual fundraising gala that was going to happen later on that evening. I pulled out an oldie but goodie dress from the back of my closet and with a good dry cleaning and a fresh set of pearls I was ready to go.

What excited me the most about this evening is the guy I had been getting to know at work who had agreed to come to the gala as my date. I was all set to fly solo and just be a part of the experience, but this guy offered to come as my date and I was a tad bit smitten so I agreed. When I left work at noon that day, we were all set to go. And then I got the text. You know the text; the one that goes something like, “I am so sorry, I had an emergency come up and I am not going to be able to make it tonight.”

I was already dressed. My mom was all set to drive me to the hotel so that I could enjoy the night and not have to worry about driving. I was still excited to go. I had friends and coworkers that were going to be there. So I went anyways. And I had a blast. The food, the dancing, the atmosphere, it was all so amazing. I felt like Cinderella at the ball. I didn’t even miss that guy not being there.

When I got home that evening, I got a text from another coworker who wasn’t there asking how it went. I told her that mystery man didn’t show up, but that I had a blast anyway. She mentioned something about me coming over to her house the next night after work to watch the UFC fight. Her husband had ordered the fight on Pay-Per-View and she was going to be the only girl there. She said that I could even crash at her place because I had to work the entire weekend and my house was 45 minutes away. I love UFC. I don’t know why, but I do. And I was easily convinced to partake the next day.

Little did I know when I went to sleep that night that my life would never again be the same. I didn’t know that the very next day, after being stood up that I would meet Trevor (you can read our first encounter here). I didn’t know that a year later we would be married and getting ready to celebrate our first Thanksgiving together as a family.

It is so crazy to think that my life could be completely different if Mystery Man would have shown up that night. Crazy to think that within the same 24 hours I was stood up and met my now husband. Looking back at the juncture in my life, I am so grateful that I was stood up. I wouldn’t have met my soulmate if I wasn’t.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Powered by

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: